Looking Back on Intelligent Automation at Cisco Live in San Diego
If you missed Cisco Live earlier this month or if you didn’t get a chance to see our Intelligent Automation demos and attend our sessions, you will want to read this blog!
It was the busiest event of the year for Cisco’s Unified Data Center and Unified Management team, with over a dozen breakout sessions and several theater presentations featuring our management software, as well as a call-out in the CTO keynote. Our experts, customers, and partners were actively talking about and demoing our software throughout Cisco Live.
One of our popular demos at the show used Hadoop and Cisco Tidal Enterprise Scheduler to extract data from Twitter with social media activity at the event. This app runs a Hadoop MapReduce job every 5 minutes to track Cisco Live tweets, showcasing workload automation and big data. Check it out here.
The Intelligent Automation for Cloud Starter Edition was another hot demo at the event, with lots of interest from IT departments that want to get started quickly with a private cloud running on Cisco UCS. Check out the recorded demo here and the theater presentation here.
For more Cisco Live highlights, here are some videos featuring some of the Intelligent Automation team, our partners, and customers:
- In this interview, Trey Layton of VCE and Scott Hammond of Cisco discuss cloud computing, Vblock infrastructure platforms, and Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud.
- An interview with Randy Arthur of CSC and Flint Brenton of Cisco covers trends in the cloud services market, including on-premise and off-premise cloud services.
- A brief panel session featuring experts talking about the journey to cloud, with Sidney Morgan of Cisco IT, David Kinsman of WWT, and Wayne Greene of Cisco.
- Sidney Morgan talked about Cisco IT’s internal private cloud, using Cisco Intelligent Automation software together with Cisco UCS, in this presentation and video:
- David Kinsman of World Wide Technology (WWT) discusses cloud management and orchestration in this presentation and short video.
And last but not least, if you missed any of the breakout sessions, you can view several on–demand recordings here. Here are a few of our favorites:
|BRKCDN-1011||Introduction to Cloud Automation Workflow Development with Cisco Process Orchestration. View abstract/ Get presentation|
|COCDCT- 3461||Inside Cisco IT: CITEIS – A Cisco on Cisco Case StudyView Abstract/ Get Presentation|
|COCDCT-3468||Inside Cisco IT: Private Cloud Architecture Designed for Business Continuity. View abstract/ Get presentation|
|BRKDCT-2250||New Cloud Automation Strategies for Infrastructure as a Service and Beyond. View abstract/ Get Presentation|
I hope this is useful! Make sure you follow us on twitter at @CiscoIA for more updates.Tags: