Journey to the Virtualized Data Center: From Vision to Reality
On March 16th 2009, Cisco launched the first series of Unified Computing Systems. To be more precise, a large ecosystem of partners led by Cisco created the unified computing and virtualization movement. The response of the market has been tremendous and the partnership between Cisco and these companies keeps growing .
The Data Center of the Future has been certainly one of the most successful initiative of this partner ecosystem in terms of education around new architectures, new solutions and new products brought by a common vision shared by Cisco and key data center players.
Last July, at Cisco Live in San Francisco, Cisco and these partners built an outstanding demo designed to showcase this common vision
In September at VMworld2009, Cisco and partners built an deployed a large virtualized data center based on Cisco unified computing systems
Oracle Open World was another opportunity to demonstrate the possibilities of this new environment, and to introduce a new series of unified computing systems
December 1st was a new milestone in the collaboration between Cisco and these market leaders with the launch of a new educational platform . The Data Center of the Future program regroups now :APC by Schneider, BMC Software, EMC, Emerson Network Power, Intel, Cisco, Microsoft, NetApp, Oracle, Panduit, VMware.
On December 15th & 16th , these 11 partners invite you for a series of virtual conferences and exhibitions to explore the Journey to the Virtualized Data Center, and share with you the best ways to solve the toughest data center challenges in networking, storage, applications, and physical infrastructure technologies –
In order to help you to get the best out of this unique event, the Data Center of the Future team invited an impressive panel of experts – Here are the major sessions that you don’t want to miss
On December 15, 2009
– Ed Bugnion, Cisco VP and CTO Server Access and Virtualization BU talks about Accelerating Data Center Virtualization Dec 15 8:00-8:45 am PT
-Prasad Rampalli Vice President, Intel Architecture & Group Director, End-User Platform Integration gives an overview of the technologies enabling this next generation data center in Intel’s vision for data centers of the future Dec 15 – 9:00-9:45 am PT
– Kingman Tang, Senior Solutions Marketing Manager, ITaaS Solutions, NetApp will demonstrate how to drive down costs and lower risk with IT as a service in the data center with the NetApp Dynamic Data Center Solution Dec 15 – 10:00-10:45 am PT
– Russell Senesac, Director of Data Center Business Development for North America, APC by Schneider Electric, in a dynamic, fact-filled session, APC will outline its ambitious vision for data center energy efficiency. The Future of Data Center Efficiency Dec 15 – 11:00-11:45 am PT
– George Demarest, Senior Director, Grid Computing, Oracle will explore the what, why and how of cloud computing and how it will affect enterprise IT in Essential Building Blocks of the Cloud Dec 15 – 12:00-12:45 pm PT
– Bob Smith, Director Global Real Estate, Joanne Tyree, CIO, Marc Naese, Director IT Infrastructure & Operations, and Andy Caveney, VP Channel and Alliance at Panduit, will discuss how they developed an energy-efficient, UPI-based data center for the Panduit new world headquarters in Designing the Data Center of the Future Dec 15 – 1:00-1:45 pm PT
On December 16, 2009
– Sidney Morgan, Manager of IT, Cisco will discuss the deployment of internal cloud in Cisco IT Cloud Strategy Dec 16 -8:00-8:45 am PT
– Karen Chan, Technical Marketing Engineer, Cisco Data Center Solutions and Vipul Shah, Microsoft will present a technical review of Cisco UCS and application delivery as the platform for Hyper-V, SharePoint and Exchange in Cisco data Center for Microsoft applications Dec 16 -9:00-9:45 am PT
– Steve Flynn, Director of Product Marketing and Daniel Budiansky, Principal Systems Engineer, Backup & Recovery Systems Division, EMC with Jeff Barnard, Director of Technology Alliances, EMC will explain new backup technologies to address ever increasing data volumes required by Virtualized data centers in Backup with EMC Data Deduplication Strategies Dec 16 -10:00-10:45 am PT
– Meghan Stabler, Principle Strategic Marketing Manager, BMC Software will talk about the challenges and opportunities of the Future Data Center, which includes Cloud & Virtualization in The Data Future Center: Reigning in the Cloud Dec 16 -11:00-11:45 am PT
–Keith Gislason, IT Strategic Planner and Paul Sala, IT Manager Network Engineer, Emerson Network Power will discuss the major design decisions impacting networking architecture, availability, flexibility and metrics in Lessons from Emerson’s LEED Data Center Tour – Dec 16 12:00-12:45 pm PT
Can you remember the last time 11 market leaders sent in your office within two days their best experts ? By the way you can get more information on the speakers by downloading the complete agenda
Seems a lot? Here is my suggestion – Why not talk to your team today and make sure that together you cover all the appropriate sessions?
The cost ? well ..it’s for free and you don’t have to care about travel expenses
As far as I am concerned, I am already registered and ready to enjoy these interactive sessions ..probably in my most comfortable chair. And the food will be awesome !