Experience and benefits of Cisco Nexus and FCoE deployment at University of Arizona
Two of our favorite bloggers, Kash Shaikh and Omar Sultan wrote several times on the emergence of the FCoE solution, and the benefits of the unified fabric approach
Today Kash Shaikh and Senior Director of IT Derek Masseth at University of Arizona talk about how customers are simplifying data centers with new FCoE Solution and how consolidation, simplification and virtualization with unified fabric contribute to more business agility, significant cost reduction and investment protection in the existing customers infrastructures
For those of you who want to know a little bit more about Derek Masseth’s experience with FCoE and Nexus deployment here is the on-demand link for a 20 minutes presentation he made last September
- Why they choose to deploy FCoE?
- How difficult was the deployment?
- What approach did they take? How long did it take?
- What were the benefits, ROI, and TCO?
- Were they worried about deploying FCoE before the standards had been approved?
.BTW, for more details on the University of Arizona deployment, you can also pull down the case study here.