Welcome back! We take things to the street in this episode of Engineers Unplugged. Ronald Beck (@tallnetninja) and Mark Gonsalves (Cisco) discuss real world two-way communications when there are radio interoperability challenges. Enter IPICS server and the policy engine. Because you really want comms in the field to work. This is a great episode full of real-world examples, let’s watch:
Street smart unicorns from Mark Gonsalves and Ronald Beck.
Welcome to Engineers Unplugged, where technologists talk to each other the way they know best, with a whiteboard. The rules are simple:
- Episodes will publish weekly (or as close to it as we can manage)
- Subscribe to the podcast here: engineersunplugged.com
- Follow the #engineersunplugged conversation on Twitter
- Submit ideas for episodes or volunteer to appear by Tweeting to @CommsNinja
- Practice drawing unicorns
Special thanks to Simon Seagrave (@kiwi_si) for our special Hands On Lab episode!
Questions, comments, show suggestions? Ping me on Twitter: @CommsNinja or Like us on Facebook!
Tags: IPICS, mark gonsalves, policy server, ronald beck, two-way communications, Voice, voice over IP, voip