Next week is EMC World 2011 in Las Vegas, with Cloud Computing being one of the major themes. Cisco is an Elite-level sponsor of the event and will have a huge presence (see full schedule of activities) throughout the week. We’ll be showcasing Unified Computing (UCS), Unified Fabric, FCoE, Virtual Desktops (VDI), Virtual Experience Infrastructure (VXI), Unified Network Services, Data Center Network Manager (DCNM), Private Cloud, Application Mobility and of course deep integration between Cisco and EMC (VPLEX, Greenplum, VNX, etc.)
If you’re planning to be in attendance and would like to talk about Cloud, I’d enjoy meeting you. Here’s where I’ll be throughout the week, as well as attending sessions, meeting with customers, hanging out in the EMC Blogger’s Lounge and networking with colleagues from across the industry:Monday:
- 10am-11am, “Enabling the Journey to Private Cloud Through Cisco and EMC Solutions” with Tom Hogue, Sr.Manager -- Private Cloud Solutions Engineering
- Cisco “Daily Techblogger Minute” (multiple guests)
- 5-8:30pm, Cisco booth (#400) during the afternoon/evening reception
- 6:45-7pm, Cisco booth presentation -- “Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud” -- including integration with our newScale acquisition.
- Cisco booth during the early/mid-day session -- demos of Intelligent Automation for Cloud
- 12:40-12:55pm, Cisco booth presentation -- “Enabling the Journey to Private Cloud Through Cisco and EMC Solution”
- 4:30pm -- Silicon Angle -- “The Cube” -- Interview with Stu Miniman of Wikibon.
- Cisco “Daily Techblogger Minute” (evening)
- 1:55-2:10pm, Cisco booth presentation - “Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud”
- Cisco booth during the mid-day/afternoon session -- demos of Intelligent Automation for Cloud
- 5:15pm -- 6:15pm, Happy Hour @ Chad’s World (live) [preview here] -- surprise Cisco stuff here!!
- EMC World Party
Cisco will also have Cloud Computing presence in the VCE booth if you have interest in the Vblock platform, or want to learn about faster ways to deploy Private Cloud solutions.
For the geek that wants a truly hands-on experience, I also highly recommend spending some time in the massive (200 seat) EMC vLabs, built by their vSpecialist team, that will showcase EMC (and partner) technologies as well as a massive Cloud-based deployment model, powered by Vblock.
To learn more about Cisco’s Cloud Solutions, please visit the Cloud homepage.