I’m excited to be part of the group of dedicated bloggers, vloggers, and tweeters from the Cisco Data Center marketing team at my first VMworld ever. I think events like this are the best way to get a real sense of the industry across the breadth of operators, engineers, decision makers, vendors, and analysts. There are more people I’d like to meet and catch up with than I think is even possible in just four days. Our social media guru, Amy Lewis, asked me to make a video about it. [I meant VMworld 2011 when I said VMworld 21, really.]
Our team will have “roving reporters” speaking to people of all stripes about what they’re interested in, what they’re learning, what sessions they’ve found useful, what kinds of problems they’re solving, and the technology on display. We’ll also be covering some of the tweetups and events that our team is running during the show:
- Monday, 5-6PM @ Cisco Booth: UCS Rack Challenge – a life-sized puzzle competition with awards!
- Tuesday, 1-2PM @ Cisco Booth Ask The Experts station: Cisco Nexus 1000V Virtual Networking discussion – experts from Cisco and partners will get together to talk and answer questions about virtual networking
- Tuesday, 3-3:30PM @ Blogger Lounge: The Three Amigos of UCS Tweetup – chat about all things UCS with experts Clint Greenwood, Jeff Allan, Sean McGee, and Scott Hanson
- Wednesday, 10-10:30AM @ VMware Community TV: The Buzz – I’ll be talking to some guests about what’s been hot at the show
- Wednesday, 3:30-4:00PM @ Cisco Booth Ask The Experts station: VXI Meetup – chat about all things VDI/VXI with experts from Cisco and EMC
All of that is in addition to the great sessions, labs, and booth demos that Cisco will be bringing to VMworld. Follow us on twitter @ciscoDC on twitter, watch the #ciscovmw hashtag, and stay up to date with the data center team on the Cisco Data Center blog!