Yes, its true, Cisco virtual networking goodness is available to one and all. To kick things off, we have worked with the fine folks at VMW to put together a 60-day eval program so you can check things out in your own environment. As a quick reminder, you will need a (free) cisco.com account to access the software (don’t worry, we won’t spam you).
- Head over to https://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/ to get you 60-day vSphere 4.0 eval license
- Go to www.cisco.com/go/1000v to access the design, install and upgrade guides — look for the “Support” box on the upper right part of the page
- Go to www.cisco.com/go/1000vdownload a pull down a copy of the software – install it per instructions
- Go to www.cisco.com/go/1000veval and obtain your eval license
- Install, enjoy, and marvel at how you ever got along without it