Cisco Data Center Update On-Demand Link
For those of you that missed this week’s broadcast or ran afoul of some technical gremlins (sorry about that), here is the on-demand link:
One of my favorite parts of the show was the conversation with Derek Masseth, Senior Director for Infrastructure Services for the Universtity of Arizona on their FCoE deployment.
- Why they choose to deploy FCoE?
- How difficult was the deployment?
- What approach did they take? How long did it take?
- What were the benefits, ROI, and TCO?
- Were they worried about deploying FCoE before the standards had been approved?
Beyond Derek’s piece, there is some good info on our shiny new Nexus 4000 FCoE blade switch as well as a look ahead to some of the upcoming product and technology releases for the Nexus and MDS families.
BTW, for more details on the University of Arizona deployment, you can pull down the case study here.