Thought I’d call to your attention a nice new case study of a global customer, in the energy sector, Technip, using Cisco WAAS, among many other Cisco products, to optimize application performance around the world. A few highlights:
- WAAS is doing a fine job of optimizing Citrix XenApp traffic, over both terrestrial and satellite links.
- Router Integration offered Technip an alternative to appliances in some locations. In this case it’s dedicated blades. Cisco WAAS customers have plenty of new WAN optimization on-demand router integration options including WAAS on SRE and WAAS Express.
- WAAS is a component of the successful deployment of Cisco collaboration technologies including Unified Communications, Telepresence and Digital Signage. How? Cisco WAAS transparency preserves router QoS. And WAAS offers bandwidth management and digital sign content caching. You can read about all that cool technical stuff!
Just a couple more thoughts:
- For many or most XenApp deployments, the proprietary optimizations Citrix offers are not really necessary.
- Unlike Riverbed, we don’t issue a press release for every win for which we get permission to go public. We’re a bit more restrained.