Its true, there is no rest for the weary. While we are putting the finishing touches on CiscoLive!, we have already started work on VMworld 2012, which remains one of my favorite shows. As part of that, we have submitted the following session topics for consideration.
If you would like to one of more of these sessions, please head over to VMworld site and vote, vote, vote!
- 1988 - From Here to There: VMotion Within and Beyond the Data (by yours truly): One of the coolest aspects of vSphere is VMotion. There are a number of innovative technologies available to help you make the most of this feature. This session will help you understand the use of various technology options such as flat architectures, VXLAN, OTV and LISP to support VMotion within the data center and between data centers. As with many aspects of IT, there is no one right answer. The session will discuss the pros and cons of various technologies to allow you to decide what best meets your needs. And, since no VM is an island, the session will also look at how L4-7 and storage figure into things.
- 2680 -- Secure multi-tenant data center with Cisco ASA1000V, Virtual Security Gateway and Nexus 1000V: Cisco ASA1000V cloud firewall and VSG together provide a comprehensive cloud security solution. The Cisco ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall employs mainstream, proven Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) technology, optimized for highly secure multi-tenant virtual and cloud infrastructure at the edge. Implementing Cisco Virtual Security Gateway (VSG) with the Cisco ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall in a virtual multi-tenant data center solution provides tenant edge, intra-tenant, and inter-tenant virtual and cloud security.
- 2373 -- Best Practice for Deploying VXLAN with Cisco Nexus 1000V and VMware vCloud Director: Cisco Nexus 1000V is the first virtual switch to provide Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network (VXLAN) providing cloud network isolation and is fully integrated with VMware vCloud Director. Come to this session to find out how to deploy VXLAN with VMware vCloud Director. This session will also provide a deep dive into VXLAN deployment best practice.
- 2227 -- Go Big! 10G and Multi Adapter vMotion for Large Workloads: The addition of Multi-Adapter vMotion and improved overall vMotion performance in ESX 5 allowed Medtronic to scale up to a high density virtualization and large workload environment with 1TB of RAM per host and guests with up to 256GB of ram. This session will explore the networking challenges and solutions of “scaled up” virtualization environments including the configuration of multi-adapter vMotion, NIOC, class based WFQ QOS in the Cisco Nexus 1000v, and QOS in the Cisco UCS fabric.
- 2352 -- CSC Case Study: 10 Weeks to a Private Cloud: In this session, learn how leading global business solutions provider, CSC, is providing innovative private cloud services to its clients through its new CSC BizCloud – the industry’s only opex private cloud that is billed from a standard rate card and ready for workload in just 10 weeks. Using the Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud software solution running on Vblock infrastructure – along with VMware solutions – CSC BizCloud provides users with a self-service portal where they can order services, but also manage access and track usage to manage costs. This solution orchestrates workflows across technologies, so CSC can have the flexibility to provide new self-service options to clients over time.
2541 -- Case Study: Bank Increases Agility with Private Cloud: Intesa Sanpaolo turned to Cisco and VMware to help simplify its IT operations with its Next-Generation Data Center project – which delivered IT services in a private cloud model. Using Cisco Unified Computing System and Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud software – along with vCloud Director – the bank was able to integrate with existing infrastructure while adding new systems into its data center. These products provided easy self-service provisioning and access to resources, plus automated orchestration of infrastructure. The benefits were simplicity, configuration flexibility, easier enforcement of governance policies and technical standards. As a result, provisioning times have been shortened from weeks to minutes.