More good news about Cisco’s fabric switches: the MDS 9148 was chosen as one of six finalists in the storage networking equipment category in Storage magazine/SearchStorage.com’s 2010 Products of the Year competition.
From nearly 200 entries, the judges of Storage magazine’s and SearchStorage.com’s 2010 Products of the Year awards selected 43 products as finalists. All products are distinguished by their innovation, value and capabilities.”
We introduced the MDS 9148 last year and in just the few months since then, the newest member of the MDS storage networking family has became a hit among our customers (especially in the commercial space) and partners.
Why has MDS 9148 become an instant hit?
The MDS 9148 fabric switch is an innovative product which solves a number of issues – performance, flexibility, and cost – previously faced by entry-level to mid-size SAN deployments.
With its industry-leading performance, ‘pay as you grow’ pricing, and rich service offerings included at no additional cost, the compact 1 RU MDS 9148 is the most cost-effective storage switch offering available. (And partners love the 9148 because it’s easy to sell, with everything needed for intelligent SANs included in an easy setup process.) The MDS 9148 offers:
1) Optimized performance, power and space
- Create a greener SAN: Highest port density per rack unit (1RU) for 8-Gbps line rate switches and lowest power consumption in the industry for deployments of 48 ports and higher
2) Flexibility for growth and virtualization
- Expandable from 16 to 48 8G ports with on-demand 8-port upgrade licenses
- Virtual Machine-aware SANs with features such as VSANs, NPV and FlexAttach provide IT professionals with visibility and control of their virtualized storage network from servers to storage arrays
3) More for Less – richer features than the competition at a lower price
- Advanced enterprise-class features and functionality such as VSANs, PortChannels, ISSU, Extended Distance networking, and Fabric Manager / Device Manager, included at no additional charge
For further info on the MDS 9148: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10703/index.html
Also check out these third party reports by analyst firm ESG and MTI, one of our partners:
Contact me with any questions you may have -
Tony Antony, Cisco MDS Team Member