For the 17th year in a row, Cisco is among Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. We ranked #55, and were also named to the “Best Companies All Stars” list for making the list every year since it began in 1998.
Supporting our employees, and creating a culture of empowerment, engagement, and innovation, is an important part of our Corporate Social Responsibility strategy. So what does it take to be among the 100 best companies to work for?
We’re committed to making Cisco a great place to work, with a focus on:
- Inclusion and diversity. We recruit a diverse workforce and foster an inclusive culture where everyone feels welcomed, valued, respected, and heard.
- Community involvement. We encourage employees to support the communities where they live, work, play, and learn. In the last fiscal year, employees volunteered nearly 130,000 hours. Through this volunteerism, cash donations, and matching gifts from Cisco Foundation, they generated $10 million for charities.
- Health and wellness. We offer financial incentives to employees who participate in wellness activities, provide personal health coaching through our globally available Health Connections website, and maintain onsite fitness facilities at our largest corporate campuses.
- A flexible work environment. Our technology supports telecommuting, giving employees flexibility in how, when, and where they work. For example, Cisco WebEx web conferencing allow employees to work together at any time from their homes or offices.
- Career development. We provide personalized Web-based training opportunities, access to mentors, stretch assignments to learn new skills, and goal-setting and career discussions with managers. More than 80 percent of our employees participate in professional development.
Do you work at Cisco? Tell us what makes it a great place to work in the comments section.
Learn more about what makes Cisco a great place to work at csr.cisco.com.
Join the conversation on Twitter: @CiscoCSR #BestCos