One billion minutes ago, the Roman Empire was flourishing in what is now Europe and the Han Dynasty was reigning in the current region of China.
And last month, one billion minutes was collectively spent around the world to collaborate with colleagues, customers and partners using the Cisco WebEx conferencing solutions.
When WebEx started delivery of conferencing in 1999, many market-leading and industry-shaping firsts occurred, including:
- First to deliver scaleable conferencing-as-a-service over the Internet
- First to combine data sharing, audio and video into a single, simple interface. Some major competitors still don’t do this!
- First to introduce a high-performance “switched” conferencing architecture
- First to introduce a suite of web-meeting applications for Support, Training and Events based on the same core platform
- First to support cross platforms (Windows, UNIX, Mac)
Today as a part of the Cisco Collaboration Portfolio of products, the WebEx conferencing solutions are continuing to lead the industry, in areas such as :
- First to deliver hybrid on-premise and cloud deployments by adding the WebEx Nodes for ASR 1000 and MCS to our switched architecture
- First to deliver a full web-conferencing experience across a wide-range of mobile devices including iPhone, iPad and BlackBerry.
- First to seamlessly integrate web-conferencing with TelePresence solutions
And, now we are the first conferencing leader to announce that we have reached One Billion Meeting Minutes per month!
These firsts couldn’t have happened without our customers. Thank you for partnering with Cisco and helping us become the first in helping you succeed in the new world collaboration.