Reimagining Collaboration: Using Video as the Currency for Trust
At Enterprise Connect this week, I will be hosting the session “Use Video Collaboration as a Tool to Become a Trusted Advisor to Your Business.” I will be joined by Jeremy Stubbs, VP of business development from Sabre Holdings, and Matt Benefiel, Chief Court Administrator from the 9th Judicial Circuit Court of Florida. In addition to these panelists, you will hear first hand from two customers about the video collaboration strategies they’ve used to differentiate themselves by strengthening trust relationships.
Using video collaboration to help build trust with colleagues, customers and partners has been my passion for most of the past decade. What better way to make a deep connection than to look at someone in the eyes and say, “I’ve got you covered.” Short of being physically in the room and shaking hands when you say this, high-definition video is today the most effective communications tool to impart this message.
The set of technologies we’re introducing this week is all about making video collaboration so compelling that trust and confidence can be easily exchanged – and at every level, not just the corner office. As Rowan Trollope says in a previous post, we’re “reimagining collaboration.” What this means is we’re making video more consumable: easier to use and access, offering the right quality and features for business efficacy, and more affordable so that they can extend to every part of the organization and companies of all sizes.
When everyone can have access to this type of video experience, it becomes the currency for trust in business. And that’s what we aimed to do with what we’ve announced and are showing at Enterprise Connect this week:
- New MX Series integrated video collaboration systems that are not only beautiful to look at and effortless to use, but are video and audio thoroughbreds. High definition video and stereo-quality sound come together in units that easy to install and deploy – in some cases in as little as 8 minutes.
- The SX10 Quick Set, a codec-in-camera unit, that can turn any flat panel into a video collaboration solution – to outfit any small room or huddle space with business-quality video, and priced to scale at about the cost of a PC.
- A new integrator platform in the SX80 delivers the industry’s first support for H.265, supporting bandwidth efficiency, and powerful enough to create video collaboration solutions for the largest and most complex scenarios.
- New Intelligent Proximity capabilities that let users leverage their mobile devices, such as iPhones and iPads, to synch with Cisco video systems and enhance their collaboration experience.
- The SpeakerTrack 60 dual-camera system offers intelligent facial recognition and voice triangulation technology to detect and directly switch between active speakers on the far side. This direct active speaker switching approach is unique in the market for bringing greater focus to the discussion and a better-than-being-there experience.
And all this is delivered at price points that are between 20 and 30 percent less than our previous similar systems. You can see these technologies at work in a new video called “Be Everywhere with Video Collaboration.”
If you’re at Enterprise Connect, please stop by our booth to see how we’re reimagining collaboration. Or stop by my discussion and hear more on how to use video collaboration as a tool to become a trusted advisor to your business. The session is on Tuesday, March 18th from 2:30-3:15pm, located Sun C (Convention Center). I look forward to seeing you there.
Register here to join us virtually for the Enterprise Connect keynote and learn more about our latest announcements!