Yesterday on Talk2Cisco, Guido Jouret, Cisco’s VP/GM of the Enterprise Video Group and CTO of the Emerging Technologies Group, joined the Cisco community to describe what the big buzz around video in the enterprise is all about.
During the half-hour session, Guido took several questions from the audience around specific applications for video in the enterprise, including common use cases such as for advertising and safety and security operations.
You can watch a replay of yesterday’s interactive event here.
We get many requests for help when sharing a video via WebEx during a meeting. We have made some improvements that make sharing quite easy. To help you do it, we’ve recorded a quick WebEx with the how-to!
You and your partner are planning a big WebEx presentation and you plan to co-host – but you are in different locations. No problem, that’s easy to do. There are a few tips you’ll want to use to make sure co-hosting goes off without a hitch.
1. Make sure you include your partner as an alternate host for the meeting. When you schedule the event, you can add your partner’s name and email (details here). This allows your partner to start and continue the meeting if you, the primary host, are late or if you accidentally disconnect from the meeting.
Earlier this week, Eric Schoch, Senior Director for Cisco’s Hosted Collaboration Solution business and Roberta Mackintosh, Verizon’s Director of Unified Communications and Collaboration hosted a ‘Collaboration to the Cloud’ discussion over TelePresence and WebEx with journalists and analysts in Boston, Florida, New York, Washington and Toronto.
Eric and Roberta expanded on each company’s vision for collaboration in the cloud and gave details on their partnership to offer Unified Communications and Collaboration services. Verizon has integrated Cisco’s Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS) and now offers an enterprise unified communications and collaboration platform which can be tailored and customized for its customers. The platform can be deployed as cloud-based only or as a hybrid of a cloud service and on-premise offering. In phase one of the deployment, some of the applications included are voice, video, instant messaging, and presence based such as Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Mobility, Cisco Unified Presence, Cisco Unity Connection, and Cisco WebEx Meeting Center (hosted by Cisco).
View the video to hear more about:
o Why I should care about cloud collaboration as a service provider?
o Why are service providers essential for collaboration in the cloud?
o How is Verizon currently deploying collaboration solutions via the cloud?
o What are the collaboration deployment issues that are facing enterprises?
We have three very interesting on-demand WebEx recordings from leaders in the education field talking about emerging trends in education including social media and mobile learning. Each of them contains specific advice and case studies. We hope you find these sessions helpful and thought provoking.
You don’t need any special software to view the WebEx recordings. Simply click on the title that interests you and you’ll be taken to a landing page where you can begin listening.
Using online tools is bridging the achievement gap and marking the biggest single shift in public education in more than 100 years. Innovative public schools are opting for blended or hybrid classroom environments, with 70% of learning taking place in a traditional brick-and-mortar setting and the remaining 30% of learning happening online.
Hybrid models offer a powerful mix of synchronous and asynchronous learning styles, enabling students to master core content online while deepening critical thinking, problem solving and application of content mastery in a face-to-face setting. Blended or hybrid learning models not only make pedagogical sense, they also make financial sense. Read More »