With advanced collaboration technologies like video conferencing and enterprise social software, companies are rethinking the way they traditionally have done business. Social collaboration adds a new layer to the communication experience, allowing companies to innovate, grow, expand into new markets and increase productivity. It can provide unmatched benefits to an organization including:
- Easier access to resources and expertise
- Contextual, real-time communications through integration with voice, IM, conferencing and video.
- Time and resource savings that drive better utilization of existing systems
- Social networking with less risk though rules-based policy management
- Simplified content management
- More effective information discovery
This week at Enterprise 2.0 in Boston, Cisco makes some announcements around our social collaboration strategy and the extension of our market leading Cisco WebEx cloud, which I describe in detail in this video blog.
We are bringing social collaboration to the cloud, mobile devices, email and business productivity applications to drive faster adoption of new ways for people to work and to provide a seamless, integrated user experience.
For more details on this announcement, I encourage you read the Cisco press release and visit the Cisco at Enterprise 2.0 Virtual Experience on the Cisco Collaboration Community.