Connect to your colleagues through the cloud, no matter where you are
Most of us cannot imagine our lives without our smartphones. When it comes to business, it’s no secret that most employees consider their smartphone their alternative to access work resources when away from their laptop or desktop. With this in mind, Cisco extends a number of additional services through HCS including one of the more popular collaboration features, enterprise dial, through something we’ve just added to our HCS portfolio called IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) integration.
Through this network integration of fixed to mobile, service providers offering our HCS portfolio can leverage their own infrastructure to differentiate and drive fixed mobile convergence and thus extend enterprise dial to its customers’ end users.
So what does this all mean?
Mobile Service Providers will now be enabled to deliver business call features onto all mobile devices, without being dependent upon the device being ‘smart’ or ‘client enabled’. These features include, single number reach, seamless call transfer and mid call transfer.
Another valuable benefit from IMS integration is that it facilitates access of multimedia and voice applications from wireless and wireline terminals. For example, this means if you are a smartphone and traditional mobile phone user away on business in China, and someone rings your desk-line, the call will now transcend through the network seamlessly and reach your mobile.
As the workforce continues to mobilize, and breakaway from the traditional office environment, enhancements such are these are necessary in order to maintain effective and productive workers. Smartphone or not, workers are free to operate beyond their office boundaries, knowing that if anyone tries to reach them, they won’t miss any crucial calls while they tend to business beyond their desk.
Below are the services Mobile Service Providers can now offer with this new version of HCS:
• Enterprise dial plan and calling policy without special client: same dialing policy, call barring as your desk (including ext dialing)
• Enterprise Caller-ID: replace mobile number with enterprise caller ID
• Single Number Reach via both Fixed or Mobile DN: simultaneous ring all shared-devices regardless of identity
• Seamless handoff between devices: seamless transition of active call between mobile and desk or soft phone
• True Single Business Voicemail: single voice mailbox across multiple phone numbers
• Native Message Waiting Indicator (MWI): MWI for business voicemail
• DTMF-based Mid-Call features: music-on-hold, conference, transfer, call park and call move can be invoked via DTMF star codesTags: