3 Reasons To Pay Attention To Intercloud
Back in March, together with our partners, we announced plans to build the world’s largest global Intercloud. We consider this global network of clouds to be the next phase of cloud computing and a key part of the Internet of Everything.
Open and Secure Hybrid Clouds
This energy continues. In the following video, our partners share how they’re integrating our ACI and Intercloud strategies to meet the needs and demands of their customers. I find the diversity of comments and approaches our partners share in the video enlightening. Their projects represent a broad spectrum of technologies, highlighting the breadth of impact that the Intercloud will have on us all. I can see why they are all so excited and why ‘Intercloud’ is fast becoming an industry term.
Like the partners highlighted in the video, I meet with companies that want to integrate the benefits of the cloud with what they have today. They want a hybrid solution rather than ‘migrating to the cloud’. They want to take capabilities from multiple new public clouds and combine them with what they already have in their own private cloud (on premises), existing services they may get from their service provider as well as SaaS applications and services. Basically, we all want an open and secure hybrid cloud environment – an Intercloud across which to run collaboration applications and services.
The Next Chapter of the Collaboration story
Without doubt, business is changing rapidly. It’s evolving as fast as the technology around it. Meanwhile:
- We are becoming more open, approachable and much more customer centric.
- Our work environments (physical and virtual) make us more efficient and more available.
- We are embracing video and so generally more in tune with the people around us.
- Our interactions are becoming less formal and we are becoming much more mobile.
- We are more connected and so are our collaboration tools.
The Intercloud will take the ways we collaborate to the next level. Here are three reasons you need to pay attention to this exciting market transition.
1) Intercloud Will Empower IT to Become Fast IT – Intercloud will make available a more broad and business relevant range of services to everyone. It will make it easier to become a collaboration technology provider and will maximize the impact and value of IT for your business.
2) Intercloud Will Enable You to Create a Greater Impact with New Collaboration Technologies – With Intercloud, you will be able to to embed, extend and integrate collaboration more broadly into and across your organization, making it much more integral to the organizational structure, operations and the culture. It will make collaborating even more natural, pervasive and valuable.
3) Intercloud Will Help drive business Value from Related IT Innovation – As technology history has shown with mobility and video, IT innovation can help drive business innovation. Connecting clouds will accelerate this.
Imagine connecting the multitude of applications and services you use today, let alone others coming or those used by your colleagues in different organizations. The open and extensible environment, APIs, SDKs and foundational technology and platforms like OpenStack will drive a new paradigm for business applications, their use, and ultimately their impact.
I imagine Intercloud as a new Eden for innovation and growth. Now it is just a matter of timing. It is hard to define how long it has taken for the Internet to evolve to what we have today. One thing is certain: It will not take the Intercloud so long to mature. I give it a couple of years before we see the same kind of connectivity across the Intercloud and the proliferation of applications and services across the platform that it provides.
What do you think? How do you see Intercloud and Collaboration evolving?Tags: