We’ve just formally kicked off our new fiscal year and, last week, we completed our annual global sales meeting where John Chambers, Rob Lloyd, and the Cisco leadership team charged up our sales organization around the Next Cisco.
So what does the Next Cisco mean to our partners?
One message that I want you to hear loud and clear is that partners are, and will continue to be, an integral part of our strategy.
Here in the United States, many kids are beginning a new school year, so I thought I a quick math lesson would help me illustrate the value partners bring and what’s happening here at Cisco.
Watch this short video for my math lesson to help you better understand what’s changing, what’s not, and how Cisco, along with our partners, adds up to success.
Keep reading for more details on my math lesson.
Cisco’s value (1), plus the value that partners bring (1) is 1+1=3 for our customers. This is what I call the “leverage effect.”
Cisco partners drive 80+ % of Cisco’s revenue, and the Worldwide Partner Organization is 100% dedicated to building the world’s best partnerships.
As we transform to become the Next Cisco, we will focus on Cisco’s five foundational priorities:
- Data Center/Virtualization/Cloud
- Architectures for Business Transformation
These five areas of focus are making it easy for partners to know where to invest with Cisco and their customers.
We’ve streamlined our geographies into three regions for simpler operations and agility, and tighter alignment with sales.
And finally we announced two sales models: Customer Led and Partner Led.
Customer Led is our traditional sales model (where an account manager is assigned to accounts and works with a partner) and we want to scale the value delivered in the Customer Led model with the Partner Led model.
To bring this new Partner Led sales model to life, we’ll be actively investing in tools, programs, virtual support, and sales training. Stay on the look out, as we will be formally introducing you to Partner Led in the coming weeks.
What can partners expect to see as a result of the changes?
- Simplification – we’re making it easier to do business with Cisco – we’ve simplified operations and increased agility, and tightened alignment with sales.
- Faster decision making (within Cisco and for partner deals).
- More focus on resources for partners (field alignment and marketing, to name a couple).
What’s not changing?
While some things are changing here, there are some things that won’t change.
- Our technology/architecture leadership and innovation
- Our partner-centric sales model
- Collaborative services go-to-market model (which allows partners to differentiate and drive profitability)
- Global and consistent value-based channel program
Bottom line: we are committed to partners
Cisco is investing more than ever in our partners, and we’re committed to partner enablement, profitability, and differentiation.
No matter how you add it up, from the earlier math lesson, the one thing that doesn’t change: we believe we have to earn your business every day. We thank you for your partnership.