It’s time for a little mid-week trivia. Guess which one of the following is true:
A. Cisco is trying to set a world record for the most number of people running a virtual sprint at one time.
B. Cisco just announced UCS discounts providing an easier, more streamlined way grow partners’ sales in unified computing and give them larger discounts.
C. Cisco invented a new gym that will power data centers using humans as batteries.
D. Wearable TelePresence units will be launched later this year.
OK, give up? Keep reading to see if you guessed the right answer.
If you guessed B, you’re correct.
And, Microsoft, not Cisco, is actually trying to set the world virtual sprint record. As for the human-powered gym and wearable TelePresence units, well, those are just things I just wish would be invented.
But more about answer B. Cisco has announced updates to the channel partner discounting structure for Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS). So it’s true you’ll be able to:
- Streamline the pricing/discounting process.
- Immediately provide more competitive budgetary quotes simply by using the new standard channel discounts.
- Accelerate partner-driven business by enabling a more aggressive discount level for the Cisco Opportunity Incentive Program (OIP) and Solution Incentive Program (SIP).
So, what exactly are the new discounts being offered to partners?
Here is a breakdown of the UCS Discount Structure Updates:
- The standard UCS Partner Pricing discount level is now 61% off the Global Price List (GPL) price (U.S. dollars) for orders placed directly with Cisco.
- The OIP discount level for Cisco Unified Computing System products is now 65% off the GPL price (U.S. dollars) for orders placed directly with Cisco.
Have more questions?
We’ve got a handy PDF FAQ with details with the UCS Discount Structure Update available to partners. This comprehensive FAQ covers details of the update, when the update takes effect, how to use the new discount structure, and more.
You can also stay updated by visiting the Data Center Partner Community.
What invention do you wish Cisco would create? If you have questions or thoughts about the news, please share those below in the comments.