Senior Product-Line Manager
Jeevan is a Senior Product-Line Manager in WNBU responsible for the standalone Wireless LAN Controller Portfolio. He has a rich history of experience in Wireless LAN over the last 8 years.
- Led the launch of 4 simultaneous controllers - the WiSM2 blade in the Cat6K, Flex7500, WLC2500 and the solution in ISR G2 in Apr 2011 with smooth migration from the previous portfolio.
- Prior to Controllers, Jeevan drove Access Points Portfolio Strategy for 4 years. Led the launch of the industry’s first enterprise 802.11n Access Point(AP1250) and led many ask-the-expert sessions around 802.11n. Also led Cisco’s foray into SMB arena with 521 series Access Point.
- Helped set the strategy around co-existence of wired and cellular technology:
- Led Cisco’s client Strategy around CCX and defined the version 5 of specifications that eventually led to Cisco innovations around Management Frame Protection and Client Troubleshooting.
- 3 Patents approved at USPTO and another one pending in the areas of wireless and security
Prior to his role in Product Management, Jeevan was a Software developer within Cisco for 5 years focused on ACS, NAM, URT
Pursued MBA from Santa Clara University and Masters of Computer Engineering from Wayne State University
Spends his weekends with wife and two kids.
Fast roaming with 802.11r
Imagine a time when the leading edge Wi-Fi was limited to deployment in select conference rooms; that was 10 years
Jeevan earned the Cisco Blogger Level 1 badge!
287 days ago.
Jeevan earned the Member Level 1 badge!
364 days ago.
Jeevan joined Cisco Social Rewards!
364 days ago.
This badge ONLY applies to Cisco bloggers. There are multiple levels for this badge. As a blogger you can earn this badge by publishing blog posts. Happy blogging!
There are multiple levels for this badge. You can earn this badge upon completing your profile information. The more information provided the higher the level of badge awarded. Don't be shy!
Learn more about badges
Some of the individuals posting to this site, including the moderators, work for Cisco Systems. Opinions expressed here and in any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the original authors, not of Cisco. The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Cisco or any other party. This site is available to the public. No information you consider confidential should be posted to this site. By posting you agree to be solely responsible for the content of all information you contribute, link to, or otherwise upload to the Website and release Cisco from any liability related to your use of the Website. You also grant to Cisco a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free and fully-paid, transferable (including rights to sublicense) right to exercise all copyright, publicity, and moral rights with respect to any original content you provide. The comments are moderated. Comments will appear as soon as they are approved by the moderator.
Switch to our mobile site