IT Regional Leader LatAm
Ileana Rivera is the Senior Director of IT for Latin America. She and her team are responsible for managing all IT related client interactions for the Product Sales and Services Sales organizations and to the overall user community in Latin America. Her main areas of responsibility include User Experience support, Service Capability enablement, IT leadership and Customer Engagements across Latin America.
Previously at Cisco, Rivera was the Director of the Integrated Customer and Partner Services IT group. In this role she and her team were responsible for managing client interactions with a large range of business partners and their main areas of responsibility included case management, enterprise projects delivery, smart web solutions, business intelligence, user experience frameworks, and services supply chain. Prior to this role she was the Director of IS for the Client Engagement Practice within the Technical Services IT group where she was responsible for managing business interactions with IT, client relations on business projects, strategic planning, and the alignment with Technical Services business partners.
Before joining Cisco, Rivera worked at TAOS Consulting as Senior IT Management Consultant for the Office of the CIO Practice and was responsible for leading strategic and tactical engagements with CIO’s and executive IT staff in the San Francisco Bay Area. She also has more than 13 years of experience in the life science/medical device industry. At Stryker Corporation, she held several positions in the areas of supply chain, operations, traffic, and information technology, including the role of IT Director. She became an active member of the Business and Technology Council, working to align IT priorities and vision with business imperatives and long-term strategy.
Rivera is a Board Member for the Hispanic IT Executive Council and an active member for Conexion, Cisco’s Latino Employee Resource Group, and Connected Woman, Employee Resource Group dedicated to the advancement, mentoring and promotion of woman at Cisco. She is also a member of the IT Change Management Team, sponsored by Cisco’s CIO, and the IT Speakers Bureau.
Rivera holds an engineering degree from the University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez campus, and a master’s degree in information systems from the University of San Francisco, California. Ileana also holds the following honors and has participated in several engagements within the Latino Community:
• Participant at the Inaugural Hispanic Business Leaders Summit, hosted at the White House, May 2013
• Latina Magazine “25 Latinas who shine in Tech”, Honoree 2013
• Hispanic IT Executive Council (HITEC) Top 100 Most Influential Hispanics in Information Technology - Honoree 2010, 2011, 2012
• Hispanic Engineering and IT Magazine (HEIT) Top 200 Most Influential Hispanics in Technology - Honoree 2011
• University of Los Angeles (UCLA), February 2013, Key Note for the Anderson’s Management School, Woman in Technology Brunch
• HITEC, November 2011/2012 & March 2013, “Woman in Technology” Panelist and Moderator
• Woman Go Global, May 2011, "Technology meets Marketing" Moderator
• Latina Style Magazine, May 2010, "Technology Panel" Moderator
• HITEC, October 2010, "Woman in IT" Panelist