Reports of the physical retail store’s death have been greatly exaggerated. As a recent survey from the Cisco® Internet Business Solutions Group (IBSG) found, 93 percent of products sold in the United States are still bought in brick-and-mortar locations. And while technology has upended many product categories and more than a few individual retailers, it simultaneously creates opportunities for retailers to continue to make the store shopping experience both relevant and compelling. Big Data in the store is key to achieving this.
Read More »
Tags: Big Data, business intelligence, Cisco, data in motion, IBSG, Internet of Everything, IoE, machine learning, Machine to Machine, machine-to-human, mobility, online shopping, retail, social media, video
Organizations continue to face threats to their brands, reputations, and profits from attacks on their information systems. The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is designed to protect credit card information. During my five-year tenure at Cisco, I’ve been focused on PCI. The challenge that we have faced when deploying a solution to help customers become compliant and maintain a secure enterprise is the complexity. At the various trade shows that I have attended to discuss PCI, I have encountered a lot of head-shaking and looks of disgust as I bring up the topic of PCI. To help simplify PCI compliance, Cisco has released the latest Cisco Compliance Solution for PCI DSS 2.0 to make it easier for organizations to maintain a secure, compliant network.
Read More »
Tags: compliance, Compliance Solution for PCI DSS 2.0, PCI Council Board of Advisors, pci-dss, security
Cisco is changing the game for B2B collaboration with new software and cloud advancements that make HD video collaboration more affordable and accessible between businesses. Today at Enterprise Connect, Cisco is announcing new enhancements across our collaboration portfolio that deliver conferencing your way on any device, anywhere.
It’s about bringing all types of conferencing together whether video, voice, or web with a consistent user experience — Cisco is doing this.
We’re also introducing new ways to help our customers take advantage of intelligence within the network to easily and cost-effectively scale video collaboration across their organization and business community. Here are a few highlights of what is now available: Read More »
Tags: B2B communications, Cisco WebEx, collaboration, conferencing, HD video, TelePresence, video, video collaboration
Geoff is the Lead for Cisco’s Business Transformation solutions for the Financial Services Industry in Canada. To read Geoff’s full bio, please click Here.
This is the first in a series of blogs where I will discuss the capabilities that are driving innovation in the design and structure of retail financial services organizations. These capabilities shape where and how work is done, how resources are allocated and positioned, where geographic expansion is executed, how customer points of presence are designed and staffed and how workplaces are configured. In sum, these capabilities offer new ways to engineer retail financial services organizations, the service delivery models that are critical to superior client experience and highly productive and cost-effective operations. Organizations that embrace and implement these capabilities will have a significant edge.
Imagine for a moment that you and your executive team are working to establish a new upstart financial services firm in a market with established competitors.
- How would you shape and structure your organization, operating model and service delivery system so that your retail bank, insurance and wealth management businesses can effectively compete with the established players?
- What would you offer that would drive superior, clearly differentiated level of satisfaction to the point where more clients move their assets to your firm?
- What factors would influence and guide your organizing model? Also, what capabilities would be essential to win market share, enable cost effective expansion and growth?
- What choices would you make in terms of how you allocate and locate your critical knowledge experts to drive the differentiated level of service and simultaneously achieve high productivity and the requisite level of profitability?
- What infrastructure assets would you decide to own and operate within your organization, and which would you choose to have outside and provided by others?
- Finally, how much time and focus would you and your executive team place on those assets and capabilities that make these advantages possible?
These are a few of the decisions and choices that would be paramount to you and your executive team. Why? Because these decisions and choices will influence the success of your enterprise. Read More »
Tags: Cisco, customer experience, Financial Services, innovation, retail banking
In late 2010, when Cisco began thinking about how best to respond to the Prime Minister’s call for corporate involvement in East London Tech City initiative, we quickly saw a great opportunity for us to contribute to a wider UK economic and social development agenda.
Read More »
Tags: BIG Awards, British Innovation Gateway, innovation, National Virtual Incubator